Sunday, August 3, 2008

R. M. Ballantyne

    Recently I have been enjoying the historical adventures of R.M. Ballantyne. These wonderful books are full of stories of courage and exploration as the heroes faced seemingly impossible odds of fatigue and discouragement. Ballantyne was a 19th Century author who traveled over the world. Ballantyne's book, "The Coral Island" inspired Robert Louis Stevenson to write his famous book, "Treasure Island."
    I greatly enjoyed reading these exciting tales. In just over a fortnight, I devoured close to 3,000 pages of inspiring history. I think my favorite Ballyntyne book is "The Giant of the North" where a team of English explorers travel to the Arctic to find the North Pole."
Visit BallantyneTheBrave.com for more information.
                                            

No comments: