Saturday, January 22, 2011

Andrew’s New Loft Bed

  While we were making a trip to pick up the new sink and Kate’s bookcase we also loaded the a new loft bed unto the trailer.

   The picture to the right summarizes how my bedroom has looked since we moved my bedroom upstairs a couple of months ago.  I was never really a fan of having my bed in the middle of the room and I was constantly walking around the bed just to get to the other side of the room.  I was so tired of having my bed there I said that I’d rather just get rid of the bed and spend my nights in a sleeping bag!

   Mom came up with the idea of putting my bed up into the air so I’d have room below to store some furniture.  She was going to make another loft bed herself, but for the cost of materials we could buy one.

   The video below shows a monotonous video of me assembling the bunk bed-by myself! Hey, that’s a lot coming from a guy who doesn’t know one end of a hammer from the other (exaggeration.)

.

IMG_0231_thumb[6]

Surprisingly enough Lydia didn’t mind that my bed was so far up in the air, however she does require assitance in climbing the ladder.

IMG_0229_thumb[2]

No comments: