Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Andrew’s New Room

 

IMG_0234

IMG_0238IMG_0235

Today we pretty much did a complete transformation of my room. In the pictures above you can see how my office area used to look.  We got this desk from a neighbor who was didn’t need it and a couple of things were broken on it. Mom found a nice desk off of Craigslist and we hauled it home in the trailer a couple of days ago.

IMG_0247

I worked on unplugging everything and taking out the desk.

IMG_0250

Getting the desk and hutch down the hallway and into my room was a bit tricky.  We had to take measurements, take off my door and turn the desk around a few times before we got it into my room. The easy thing to do would have been to obviously take off the hutch but it was fastened using dowels and we were trying to avoid cutting them at all costs. Mom had me take a picture of how the way we got the desk into my room for future reference when we’ll have to take it back out!

IMG_0254

I am really excited about how much more workspace I’ll have not to mention how much nicer the desk looks and the new storage space!

 

IMG_0261IMG_0271

  I got all of my many device plugged in and got the wires organized some.  The printer now has it’s own space and I can keep my folders in my desk instead of the plastic box. Compare these pictures with those above.

IMG_0279IMG_0281IMG_0277 

(Left: First Prayer in Congress Right: Photos from Plymouth Faith & Freedom Tour)

  We also got some picture frames fastened to the walls, so now I need to order some prints to put in them!

IMG_0273

A new bedding set is on the way and will be here soon.

 

The new layout makes the room look a lot larger than it used to and now the room is very functional for me and my business(es.)  I’ll now have the room to bring clients into my room and work with them on the computer. I am particularly excited about the loft bed and the desk!

IMG_0273

Before & After: Moving the bed to a loft bed created a lot of space

No comments: