Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Glasses!

IMG_0627

SAMSUNG DIGIMAX A503  We picked up my new glasses today from Crown Optical today but I just had to post a picture that shows Noah’s ingenuity.  A few weeks ago my second pair of glasses had broken (my first pair had broken in December) and I had lost the nosepiece that had broken off.  My vision is so poor that even getting out of bed can be a challenge without glasses.  Noah had the great idea of using his hot glue gun to construct a new nosepiece for me and the result was fantastic.  It may have looked a little large, but no one ever noticed it unless it was pointed out to them and it was very comfortable and kept the glasses tight on my nose.

   When we picked up the glasses the optometrist dilated my eyes so he could examine the eye more carefully than he had during my last visit.  Because my prescription is so large and my retinas have been stretched  there is a larger change of a very small chance that my retina could someday become detached from my eye.  The examination went well and everything looked good.  Just in case light became too bright for me they gave me some neat “sunglasses” that also looked great if we wanted people to think you were a blind person. (Photo credit: Noah Wong)  We still had a few errands to run, if anyone looked at my eyes too closely (and I didn’t have the sunglasses on)they would’ve noticed my large, dilated pupils staring back at them!

No comments: