Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2011 Thus Far…

  If this looks like a long post please remember that this s the past 61 days…I mean 59 days…in just one post. Our first two months of this year have brought so many changes it’s hard to imagine what the rest of the year will bring (and that’s including a month that was short changed a couple of days.)  We’ve mainly just been dealing with health and nutrition problems that have been coming up. 
Up until just a few weeks ago my Mom had been having severe health problems especially since December that would make her not able to get out of bed at all for days on end.  She’s gotten some new health supplements that worked in the past and has been feeling great and full of energy for the past couple of weeks.
On January 6th, I sprained my ankle and even now am still having trouble running on it. 
On January 17 Benjamin had a close call when he fell through the ice and into the deep creek a long way from home.
A few weeks later Noah broke his big toe and had to keep pressure off of it for a few weeks.  
A couple of weeks later we had a family meeting about trying to incorporate some healthier food options into our diet over a few month’s time.  Last Thursday I started running a fever and since then until yesterday I’ve been very sick with the flu.  I had some very high fevers and coughing and have pretty much stayed in bed the entire time.  It feels great to be up again, though I am very weak.
Yesterday was 6-month anniversary of my Dad’s death and we’ll be putting flowers on his grave in remembrance.  It’s amazing how many things have happened since then, yet it still seems like yesterday.
Benjamin caught a beaver in his trap, but he also caught my flu and he’s been in bed all day today with a fever.  Kate’s showing signs of being sick too, so Mom and Noah ran some errands today and got some extra groceries just in case the flu keeps on going around for awhile. (You’ve just got to admire how are generous family shares things with one another.)
By the way, I added a post about the Christian Archer's Dinner that you may not have noticed because it was retro-actibely posted.

No comments: