Sunday, June 26, 2011

2011 CHEF Conference-Photos

IMG_1964

The conference is held at the St. Charles Convention Center in Missouri, but the hotel that is attached is called the “Embassy Suites.”  In this picture you can see the lobby and breakfast area from 6 stories up.

 

 

 

IMG_1907 

Noah & Mom heading down to breakfast the first morning...

IMG_1953

A few of the attendees in the convention center

IMG_1962

Eating pizza the evening of the first day

 

IMG_1985

One of the booths at the vendor hall

 

IMG_2016

There were a lot of other young men going to Mr. Potter’s sessions

IMG_2017

I’m not sure why but I found this picture of a headless listener very funny.

 

Photo Shoot before the Ball:

IMG_2024

The ladies with their hoop skirts

In a lot of the Civil War-era photos the subjects aren’t smiling so we took a few photos without smiling either

sog-1

sog-2

Some filmmakers at the conference were filming a scene with a Civil War dance so we all volunteered for a few hours to be in front of the camera.  I’ll post a link to the film on this blog whenever it becomes available.

IMG_2101

We got to know the Mays family a lot better at this conference and my brothers and I spent most of our time with their son, Nate.

breakfast-mays2

Eating a fabulous made-to-order breakfast with the Mays family

breakfast-mays1

IMG_2102

I sold this clock to Nate, but he only paid me with Confederate money.

IMG_2098

  During the last evening of the conference there was a Civil War ball (hence all of the lessons we had taken for the past few months.)  There were a lot more people there for the ball and also in costume than I had ever imagined.  I am not a very good guesser but there were probably 300 dancers on the floor.

  The video I got from the ball isn’t as good as the footage I’ve filmed at the dance lessons, but I’ll post a few videos from the ball whenever I have the time.

ball

1 comment:

Leah Mays said...

Andrew, You have a very funny sense of humor!
I love your picture of "the Headless listener" it is hilarious. (I wonder who it is):)
By the way Nate says Hi!
he talks about you guys all the time.
Tell Ben, Noah, Your Mom and Mrs. Kate we all said HI!!