Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crunch Time

my computer

   Wow, what a week I have had!  I am working on a video project with Mr. Dan Ford about Liberty & Property (based off of his book of the same name.)  The project really began only 3 weeks ago and we’ve been pretty busy since then, but this week was really “crunch time” and we had to get a large amount of the project finished by this Monday.

  Mr. Ford, apart from being an historian and author is also quite the artist and graphic designer.  It had been an honor working alongside him this week as we exchanged ideas, Photoshop documents and video previews with one another.  

   Now that I am nearing the end of this week I am trying to get a grasp on what I did and didn’t do this week.  I did at least 12 hours of work each day.  I didn’t leave the house since we visited the Brewer family.  The kicker is that I haven’t been outside at all except to take out the dog and that was on Tuesday!

   This is probably just my baptism into the world of media and deadlines, but I think that after Monday when we can work at a slower pace, I’ll try to jump on the trampoline while I have something rendering. (That’d be one nice thing about having a slower computer…if rendering ties up the whole computer you may as well take a break.)

  Well, I better take a step outside now before I forget what the sun looks like.  Have a restful weekend all!

3 comments:

Savories of life said...

Looks like a good project.

Did you know the Littmans are working on their new movie and need extras for the 19th of next month at the Daniel Boon house. If you leave your e-mail I can tell them to e-mail info.

Unknown said...

Well, that sounfs like fun, but we'll be heading out of town by then.
Believe it or not, but we've never been to the Daniel Boone house!

Unknown said...

Hello Andrew!

How are you? I was actually getting ready to post the exact same info that Valerie just posted above! :)

Also, I wanted to let y'all know that there's another group that does English Country Dancing. It's located in St Charles (3rd street exit, off of Highway 370), so it would be a bit of a drive for y'all. The next summer ball is on Friday, August 12. Then they'll start regular dance practices in January & February, for another fancy Ball in late February. Let me know if you'd like more info!

The Summers will start dance practices in September, for the Christmas Civil War Ball. We hope to see you there!

We've enjoyed getting to know y'all. Duncan especially enjoys spending time with you & your brothers. We hope to see y'all again soon!

Blessings!

Kate