Sunday, September 25, 2011

Time for a Fire!

chili

roasting hot dogs2   For the past couple of weeks I’ve been totally getting into the Fall mood (if not into the Winter mood.)  As soon as we had temperatures in the 40s at nights I’ve been roasting hot dogswanting to have a roaring fire in the fireplace with some Christmas music in the back ground.

   Well, nobody has really been on the band wagon, but thanks to me they are humming the Christmas songs I’ve been playing throughout the house Smile.

   However, tonight we were planning on making a camp fire outside and cooking some hot dogs over the fire, but it rained all day so we built a fire in the fireplace instead.  Mom made some chili soresand we had some Chili dogs for dinner.  We could cook our hot dogs in the fire from our dinner table.  Naturally we had s’mores for dessert.

    For those who are worried about my mental health:   Doubtless one reason I’ve been wanting is because we’ve been on a big Sherlock Holmes kick for the past few weeks.  In the movies it seems there is always a nice warm fire in 221B Baker St. that combats the chilling cold and damp fog of the London nights.

   Also, Christmas music really makes Christmas for me.  I love the classic tunes I’ve heard for so long.  I especially like the old hymns that (for some reason) are only sung at Christmas time, but can be heard while walking through Wal-Mart.

No comments: