Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Scottish

   The Scottish is another dance we did last Friday night.  This is a very fast, exhausting, long, twirling, polka-ing dance that also happens to be a lot of fun.  I haven’t really learned it yet, but I went ahead and tried it in the second dance.  The group was too big to have everyone polkaing [oh, that’s actually a word?  Spell Check doesn’t have a problem with it.], so we were split in half and did the dance twice.

First Dance

 

Second Dance

 

  Note: One of my cameras died towards the end of the second dance.

    Oct 7 2011

6 comments:

Meghan Rebecca said...

Oh thank you so much!!!! I LOVE this dance!!!! Even though I didn't get to do it till the end of the second one (long story)=( but it is stil fun to watch!!! =D And I really enjoy how you cut between cameras!!! FUN! =D
Love Meghan

Anonymous said...

Indeed, this is a exceedingly fun dance!!! One of my top three favorites. Although the first two weeks I made myself hoarse doing the calls for my partner, haha.

I love watching my brother Tom and his partner Tabby in the first video.

Thank you so much for filming and posting these! They are a ton of fun to watch!

Leah Mays said...

Love this dance! =D Haha! But boy is it ever a work out to do it twice in a row! =D

Mazzou said...

Oh! Looks like my kind of dance. :) I look forward to learning and dancing it soon! :)
THANK YOU for sharing these videos! Everyone is enjoying them, I know!

Mazzou said...

Oh! Looks like my kind of dance. :) I look forward to learning and dancing it soon! :)
THANK YOU for sharing these videos! Everyone is enjoying them, I know!

Savories of life said...

Looks fun. Hope we can learn this dance too. Have a great fall and see you soon.