Thursday, November 20, 2014

Play as Work– #ThrowbackThursday

November 20, 2014 - Today's ‪#‎tbt‬ photo is one of my favorites because it really encapsulates the approach that my Mom took to training my brothers and I.  Mom, I am so thankful for how you emphasized that even our play was a training ground for real life. Thank you for all that you've done to prepare my brothers and I for life, and for your continued support as we prepare to someday raise our own sons.
IMG_20141120_0626-3
1998 - At ages 2 and 4, Benjamin and I pulled our battery powered jeep into the garage, set up a work light, jacked up the car, and got our hands on a socket set.
IMG_2627
2008 - Disassembling an engine with Ken and Nathaniel Bauwens.
I'm so thankful for the men in my life who took the time to mentor my brothers and I.
IMG_2646
2008 - Benjamin and I are back in the garage together 10 years later.
oil change-2[4]
2011 - All three of us are doing a tune up on the family van.


No comments: