Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year's Ball

January 2, 2015 -  I can’t believe that 2015 is finally here!  What better way to inaugurate this year’s blog posts than photos from the New Year’s Ball?
A quick word about 2014:
2014 has come and gone and the year brought forth a lot of change and growth within the dynamics of our family.  God has been incredibly gracious to us this year.  I was so thankful that we were able to able to celebrate and bring in the new year together.  That said, I am very excited to see where the Lord leads us in 2015 as we continue to grow and mature!
Okay, I could go on and on reflecting over the past year, but let’s get this party started!  It’s time to celebrate the new year with one of the biggest social events of the season…the New Year’s Ball!
I always have to throw in some still-life shots. ;)


This enchanting passageway led to the beautifully decorated dancing floor:

I always love the sense of “space” that lights strung overhead create and how their dim light adds to the ambience of the room.


This one photo captures the many forms of socialization that occurs at these dances.
Little gatherings of people engaged in conversation, hugs with friends, and photos being taken – in my case, while standing on a chair.

Larissa, Emma, Daniele
Sara, Brittany, Marjo

(Same as above + Larissa’s outstretched hand)


Marscel and I





The Regency outfits were absolutely stunning!


Josiah and I


Alexa

Alexa and Meghan

Micah & Larissa

Danielle and Mr. Martin



Hannah, Melanie, Rebecca, Sarah, Mrs. Thomas

DANCING

“There were more Dancers than the Room could conveniently hold, which is enough to constitute a good Ball at any time.” – Jane Austen, 1799



We danced many of the favorites from the Regency time period



Watching a dance demonstration


The evening ended with an encore dance, “The Scottish Polka.”

Driving home

Belleville’s decorated main street looks like it came from a story book



Thank you for your continued interest in our family and our blog over the past year – I look forward to sharing future posts in the coming year!
– Andrew Wong

2 comments:

Mazzou said...

Needless to say, I was eagerly awaiting such a post! You took such great pictures! Thanks for sharing. This post really captured the elegance and enjoyment of the evening.

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Yes, I was glad that my Mom got some photos, because it really was a fantastic and beautiful evening.