Friday, July 3, 2015

Independence Day Celebration

July 3, 2015 - This afternoon we gathered to celebrate our nation's Independence Day.
We began with a short program to remember the history of our founding and the signers of the Declaration:




Mr. Martin




Mr. Smith talks about the importance of the church's voice in civil affairs


Mr. Z talks about Independence Day celebrations of the past


Several of the men took turns reading parts of the Declaration of Independence:



Mr. Belley reads the Declaration de L'Independance for the French-speaking patriots. :)


Proverbs 31:16 just popped into mind when I saw this photo and her body language:
"She considers a field and buys it; 
From her earnings she plants a vineyard."



Time to take down some British soldiers!


Sporting an official licensed GTC polo ;)





Height disparity





The evening ended with English Country Dancing and fireworks!

5 comments:

Mazzou said...

Thanks so much for sharing these pictures- and so quickly too! Tonight we all enjoyed looking through them and I must say were tickled to see some shots containing ourselves. ;) (It's always fascinating to see what other people captured containing one's self and family)
We were also especially delighted by the picture of Ashley!!! Adorable.
The two-legged (yikes! I started to write 3-legged) race pictures are fun too! Overall, great pictures from a fantastic day!

Mazzou said...

Okaaay....Let's just quickly edit that part about the ---legged race. After commenting, and in a brainier moment (while brushing my teeth) I realized that it
IS THREE-legged. ;) I am glad I am legally (according to my birth certificate) blonde because otherwise.... :P Ouch.
At least I now have it straight. Humans generally walk, run and race on TWO legs. Thus, when feet are combined with an energetic friend's for the popular sport pictured on the blog it becomes a THREE-legged race.
Goodness. I need to go to bed. But I'm half afraid I'll awake in the middle of the night with the realization that it's actually a FIVE-legged race after all.

Unknown said...

Fun time that was! Graet pictures - thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

@Marjo B I totally empathized with your little three/two-legged "faux pas" (remember my Chan/Chaplin mix up?) At least you have the "legally blonde" excuse. I'm usually stuck there with my foot in the mouth with no cards to play - except for the incredibly implausible explanation that I dye my hair.
Either way, the three legged race was a lot of fun, although maybe not as much fun as watching everyone do the gunny sack race. If I hadn't been blocking penalty kick shots from your brother, that race would've made some great photos. :)

Gabrielle said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!