Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Power of Nazi Progaganda

September 3, 2015 - I visited the "State of Deception: The Power of Nazi Propaganda" exhibit at the history museum.  I brought my "nice" camera into the museum - but the lens cap must've jammed because I wasn't able to get it off!  However, I was able to get a few photos with my phone:



An early dramatic poster of Hitler's name and face conveyed the sense of strength and determination that Germany needed.


Photographs of Hitler practicing oratorical poses to produce a dramatic effect


A copy of Mein Kampf



I took part in the phone tour throughout the exhibit and received a couple phone calls and was texted some provoking questions about the Nazi's use of propaganda and its power today.


The Nazi Party was brilliant in how they employed the latest technology and art to sway public opinion:






The Hitler Youth




This table illustrates the laws in place used to track your genetic family tree to determine whether you were Arrayan enough to be a citizen of the third-reich and be permitted to marry.




Caricaturing the Jews as being the masterminds controlling the Allies


Jews were eventually forced to wear this star that said "Jew"

There were photos that someone took from their front yard of Jews wearing this star and being led to train cars where they were never heard from again.


The Nuremberg Trials



4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

WOW!! That must have been interesting! Hope your camera is fine though! ;)

Unknown said...

This looks really good! You should visit the Winston Churchill Museum too! Great WW2 exhibit!

Unknown said...

@Gabrielle, I think it's okay...I was just the idiot walking around lugging a nice camera around my neck, but using my cell phone to take photos. :P

@Kristine I've never been to that museum before, but it looks interesting! I'll have to check it out next time I'm near Jefferson City.

Gabrielle said...

LOL!! Ok, well that's good to hear! :) Must have been weird. I would have told people who may have been looking, this is totally normal behavior!!! Haha!