Sunday, February 7, 2016

Redbirds, Chicago, and Snowboarding

February 4-7, 2016 - Over the weekend, I drove up to Chicago with friends.  I woefully neglected to take many photos, which makes it very difficult to craft this post into an engaging narrative.


All packed up for my trip into Chicago Cubs territory.
#conversationstarter


Driving the tollways of the Chicago suburbs 


I'd call this a pretty aggressive storefront choice


My "we arrived safely" selfie before hitting the hay


So, my best baseball conversation was with a gas station attendant - who conceded that the Cards would probably win the division.

On Saturday morning we drove up to Wisconsin (first time to WI!) to go snowboarding (first time snowboarding!) at Cascade Mountain. 




PC: Matthew Thomas



A quick video from the ski lift:







The view from the coffee house/lodge


Drinking hot coffee and cocoa before hitting the slopes for the evening with new and old friends.

Photo credit: Kristen LaPrise

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Looks like you guys had a quite enjoyable time!!

Anonymous said...

No way! Super small world.
I was scrolling through the pics... *pauses* "That lodge looks really familiar..." 'Cause we've skied there. =) That's where my little sister got the wind knocked out of her, and I almost crashed into a guy on a jump. Good memories.
Looks like you had a blast, too!