Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Blog Update

A random smattering of photos from the past 8 weeks or so - accompanied by sundry matter-of-fact captions.  But, yes we're still alive and kicking - and looking forward to some more posts this fall!

June 19, 2016 - Hiking with friends (-and our new neighbors-) after church on Sunday.


June 24, 2016 - I joined Noah's concrete crew for a few days as we poured piers.


I was smiling...


...until I realized that the mud was over my boots.


The easy way to transport concrete.


June 25, 2016 - Celebrating Mrs. Jones' birthday with two treats: ballroom dancing - and ice cream.


July 7, 2016 - We mourned the death of my Mom's cousin, Sarah Bracy.



And we returned to the cemetery where we'd buried my grandpa a little over four months ago.


July 16, 2016 - On the bright side, we got to celebrate the first birthday of this little man...



And this little handful is such a blast to watch as she grows and learns.


Shopping at Stuff-Mart---I mean Ikea.

Feeling a little woozy?
Then she got the window scraper, and some rolls of toilet paper.
Then a rachet set and pliers and surround sound amplifiers.

July 30, 2016 - At the Muny for the opening night production of "Fiddler on the Roof."


August 2, 2016 - Voting in our state's primaries.


I did.

August 5, 2016 - A group shot after watching Jason Bourne.



Found this little guy (next to a dime) on our deck door.



August 12, 2016 - Noah and I hit the road for the 2016 Officer's Ball and for a weekend spent visitng with friends.





And odd things tend to happen when you stay up just way too late- and there's a camera to capture it.
But I'd say it was worth the RISK.




A beautiful sunset accompanied us on the way back home.

1 comment:

Melanie Thomas said...

Yay!!! Two posts in a week :-) Some of those scenic pictures are amazing!
The stuff mart comment had me laughing... that was the first Veggie Tales I saw... Now I won't be able to look at IKEA the same :-P

Was Lydia the one that found the little frog? ;-)

And your cousins are getting so adorable!