Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father’s Day/Wedding Anniversary

IMG_5997

  Today would’ve been my parent’s 23rd Wedding Anniversary and tomorrow will be Father’s day, so I thought this would be a good time to take some time and remember the times my Dad and I did have together before he died August ‘10.

IMG_0839  Even if my parent’s marriage wasn’t ideal it was an enormous blessing that divorce was never an option.  This really hits home when I look all around and see marriages falling apart and children being caught in the cross fire…it’s amazing that half of kids will be placed in this situation.

   

IMG_6085I can also see how through the years God brought men into my and my brothers’ lives and I’m very thankful to the men through the years who have taken time out of their day to be with three young men/boys.

It was hard not to live with a paternal influence in the house, but my Mother was very deliberate about letting us be boys, promoting our interest in masculine activities and teaching us how to shake a man’s hand.

IMG_2401

Just very thankful for how God has worked through others in my life and He certainly is “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows…”  -Psalm 68:5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a good post, Andrew. Very honoring to your father as you remember him & the legacy that he has given you & your brothers...

Be blessed, my friend! I'm praying for y'all & I hope to see y'all again soon!