Thursday, June 21, 2012

Robin

IMG_0371  This morning I heard something hit the screen door of our front porch and found a robin lying on the floor.  It was gasping for air and it looked like maybe bones it had broken and the bird was in pain, so I was relieved to see it die just a couple of minutes later.

  When I occasionally have to watch an animal die or I attend a funeral I see it as a reminder that the Creation is cursed and death entered the world because of the sins of mankind.  Even my least favorite movies are those where a dog or a horse is the hero and end up dying.  I definitely wasn’t raised a farm boy Smile

  However, what’s even more important to remember is that all men will die because:

12 “through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—…”

and then Romans 5 continues to talk about the God’s law – which the speakers at the CHEF Conference were addressing just a couple of days ago - and tells us how the Second Adam came and lived a perfect and righteous life:

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments: